Ask Chet: Ozone Maintenance
Ozone, sometimes referred to as energetic oxygen, is a powerful oxidizer of contaminants in water. It is made available for hot tubs and spas through the use of ozone generators called ozonators.
Benefits of Ozone for Hot Tubs
- Reduces need for high chemical doses
- Helps destroy bacteria, viruses, algae, yeasts
- Oxidizes other contaminants
- Reduces odor and chloramines
- Prolongs equipment life
- Reduces maintenance time & cost
- Ozone purifies naturally
Here is a video I made from my days as a manager at Hot Spring Spas of San Jose and Santa Cruz.